Re: Intel builds for Mac

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Intel builds for Mac
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 01:26:18 +0200

Joshua Parmenter wrote:
Hi,

The Intel builds listed here:

http://lilypond.org/web/install/

appear to actually be for PPC. Both 2.8 and 2.9 show up as Applications(PowerPC) when get-info is done from the Finder, rather then Application(Universal) or Application(Intel).

LiliPond runs okay under Rosetta, but I thought I should point out that these don't appear to be Intel builds.

You are partially right. The graphical part is still powerpc. However, the real typesetting program (which you can find inside the .app folder) has been compiled for intel natively. If in doubt, you can try to measure the speed of the ppc version on your intel mac.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com