Re: C++ vs. Scheme

From: David Feuer
Subject: Re: C++ vs. Scheme
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:20:05 -0400

On 4/4/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

> The choice for GUILE is mostly historical, and I'm all for switching to
> Mz, but I fear that such a move involves a tremendous amount of work,
> due to API differences.
>
> You're welcome to give an Mz port a try, if you think it's feasible.

Having now looked at a little more of the code, I don't think a PLT
port would be feasible right now.  If at a later date the
functionality provided by C++ and Scheme are sufficiently separated,
or most of the functionality of the C++ code gets shifted over to
Scheme, it might become reasonable.

David Feuer