Re: Backend and non-backend (was Re: Stencil bounding box)

From: David Feuer
Subject: Re: Backend and non-backend (was Re: Stencil bounding box)
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 19:11:49 -0400

On 5/2/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

You're relying on specifics of music notation, eg. existence of ledger
lines and bar lines. What do you do when there are just lyrics or chord
names, or when there are no barlines (unmetered music) or no noteheads
(clusters).

I think a more generic solution is called for.

Okay.  I don't understand the whole grob thing yet, and that seems
pretty key to writing this.  Where would the signature dumping code go
exactly (what file/function)? The lining up thing was just an idea. I don't know if it's even necessary. Can I depend on the systems
already being lined up properly with each other?  That would certainly
make things easier.  Also, I've been assuming that the grobs might
come out in different orders in the two versions.  Is that more
general than necessary?

David