Re: \displayMusic should begin with a newline

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: \displayMusic should begin with a newline
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 07:25:44 -0700

On 11-May-06, at 7:01 AM, Erik Sandberg wrote:

On Thursday 11 May 2006 14:30, Graham Percival wrote:
Processing `bug.ly'
Parsing...(make-music
   'SequentialMusic

Try redirecting stderr and stdout to different files:

lilypond bug.ly 2>err >out

and you'll understand why the current behaviour is intended.

OK, I suppose that I could add that to the manual; it's easy enough on linux and OSX. But IIRC windows doesn't support pipes -- can I assume that anybody on windows would be using cygwin/bash ? Or is there another way to get stdout and stderr in separate files on windows?