Re: Segnos, Codas, and Really Crap Formatting

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: Segnos, Codas, and Really Crap Formatting
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:35:16 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
> If you had read the NEWS for version 2.8 you would have
> noticed that there are several new features to modify the
> default line breaking and line spacing layout.

Thanks. I'll take a look. I just read the manual instead and didn't notice
anything... :-)

Maybe I didn't look hard enough, maybe NEWS should be a preface to the manual
(or maybe the manual's getting too big and NEWS would make it even worse :-)

> Also, if you browse the mailing list archives for lilypond-devel
> over the last few weeks, you will notice that there's ongoing
> work on a new and hopefully even better algorithm for the
> default line breaking, so don't complain too much about
> that nothing happened since 2.4.

I'll have to read it. There's a huge backlog of unread devel and user emails in
my mail-client - I need to catch up.

>   /Mats

Cheers,
Wol