SCM-ification of parser

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: SCM-ification of parser
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 17:02:25 +0200

Hi,

The attahed patch changes all Music* types in the parser to SCM. I think I
fixed some memory leaks also.

The next step in parser split-up is to move rules out to Scheme. There will be
a lot of functions, so I suggest we create a new make-music.scm for this.

We will need a mechanism for handling music origins in a good way. I suggest
that an optional parameter for origin is added to all make-*-music functions
(or perhaps even automate this with a define-make-music-function macro)

In order to verify that I don't break stuff, I plan to do the following:
For each rule that will be moved out, I first create some .ly code that the
rule is used for. Then I move the rule out to Scheme, and verify that
\displayMusic still gives the same output.

The reson why I start with this before music streams are implemented, is that
many rules need to be exported, so when patch reviewing lag comes in the way
for continuing music stream work, I can use my time to export a couple of
rules instead.

--
Erik