Re: command index vs. unified index

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: command index vs. unified index
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 20:46:44 +0200

I actually like having a single index which includes the
commands. However, I don't like the current title of the
index (I know it's not called "Index" for silly technical reasons),
it seems that many people miss that it's actually there.

Graham Percival wrote:

I've been investigating producing an index of commands, but it appears that texinfo can only use each @findex once -- if I have an index of @findex entries, then those entries won't appear in the general index (despite my using @syncodeindex). I've asked for help on the texinfo help list,

If it's impossible to use the same @findex entries twice, should we keep our single unified index, or should we split the \commands off into their own index?

- Graham

lilypond-devel mailing list

        Mats Bengtsson