Re: Glossary PDF shows ugly UTF-8 characters

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Glossary PDF shows ugly UTF-8 characters
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 03:37:10 -0700

On 25-May-06, at 8:02 AM, Francisco Vila wrote:

I have browsed music glossary PDFs with various readers: Evince, GPDF and XPDF and all of them show special characters incorrectly, just in the first page I think one (french) of the authors have a c-with-cedilla in his last name and it
seems to be a sort of "~A".

Ugh.  No, it's not just you; I see it too.

I _really_ do not want to touch texinfo right now. The .tely file has a c-with-cedilla. The HTML output includes the c-with-cedilla. The pdf has that weird "A" with a "~" on top. The .tely includes
@documentencoding utf-8
but the build process has always complained that "utf-8 is not a valid encoding".

Anybody have any ideas?