[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Problems with spanish update

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Problems with spanish update
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:58:58 +0200 (CEST)

> > Please always check that you use the right encoding.  The file
> > music-glossary.tely is in UTF-8 encoding (as documented in the file's
> > first line).
> My code was right-looking when I wrote it and saved it in xemacs
> showing that tiny 'u' down at the left.
> Please comment the attached one and make any comments. Thank you

It's still wrong.  You must have a setup problem with your email
program.  It looks as if the following has happened:

  . You create the patch in UTF-8 encoding.

  . You load the file into your mailing program as UTF-8, but it is
    internally converted to latin-1.

  . You send the patch as UTF-8 encoding, but the contents is
    interpreted as latin-1, which causes the strange quadruple bytes.

To be absolutely sure, I've just checked the plain email with an
editor (this is, without being interpreted by an Email reader): The
mail part is tagged as iso-8859-1, and the mail data is correct.  The
attachment `patch-u' is tagged as utf-8, but its contents isn't.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]