Re: make web fails

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: make web fails
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 14:39:31 +0200

Erik Sandberg schreef:

I don't understand. You're using Sequential iterator, so why don't you do

   { \tup-start
     first-part-of-time-scaled-music
     \tup-end
     \tup-start
     2nd-part-of-time-scaled-music
     \tup-end
   }

this will delegate grace notes to the sequential-iterator.

How do I split up music in parts of equal length? Consider obscure cases such as
\new Voice \times 2/3 { << {c8 c8 \skip 4 c8 } { \skip 4 c8 c8 } >> }

Good point. In that case, you'll need to override Time_scaled_iterator::process() to watch now_mom().main_part_ to insert the events "just in time".

 - grace notes: (in {c8 c c \grace c c c c}, the grace should be under
the second bracket). Can be worked around by adding \grace \skip 1*50
after each
No, skip 1*50 is inacceptable.

BTW, I've been thinking about a generic solution to the grace note problems, which involves adding a moment with infinite negative grace part (i.e. "at time m, before all grace notes"). Would it be OK to use skip 1*inf, if that happens to work?

I've heard you about this solution before, but I'd like to see a proposal first, especially because you're already dealing with 3 branches (parser rewrite, old stream bugfixing, new stream functionality).

FWIW, inserting grace "patches" of -1*50 will insert extra paper-columns, which will mess up the spacing.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com