Re: Lilypond 2.8.4

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Lilypond 2.8.4
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 09:48:32 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden>
To: "Stephen" <address@hidden>
Cc: "lilypond devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:34 AM

Stephen schreef:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden>
To: "Stephen" <address@hidden>
Cc: "lilypond devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:33 AM

Stephen schreef:
Where did the log go in Lilypond 2.8.4?

I no longer can read any error messages when I make a mistake.

I prefer running Lilypond in a command window; this does not work for the newest mingw binary.

Stephen

Relative to what version do you see this happening?

http://lilypond.org/download/binaries/mingw/lilypond-2.8.4-1.mingw.exe

no,
I mean: what was the last version that did work as expected?

I was a little perplexed by the question as I understood it. I upgraded from 2.8.3, but thought that perhaps there might be subtle further improvements to the slurs in the nest upgrade, I don't remember why; they are nicely improved as they are. At least I think that was the impovement I was looking for, don't hold me to it. Sorry, it is irrevelent anyway, I just thought I was being a bit to kurt before and am trying to be more effusive.

Practically speaking, 2.8.4 can only be useful to me for recompiling existing files if I cannot use the command line. It is more difficult to debug or spot typos if I cannot see the error messages. Usually, I try things that I am not sure will work, but do not know why it will not work, basically using the Program Reference side of the documentation rather than the User Manual.

Stephen

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com