Re: Can music notation be output in either F clef or G clef for the note

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Can music notation be output in either F clef or G clef for the notes inputted from cd
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 23:34:53 +0200

Quoting Gary Dobbins <address@hidden>:

Product support,

The "product support" for LilyPond is the collected users reading the mailing lists. I recommend you to primarily use the mailing list
address@hidden for usage questions.

Can I input a cd of Cello playing of a Bach piece and create F clef or G clef
notation? I am assuming the muscic is within the range of tabulature of course!

Interpreting the music from a CD is a very difficult task for a computer.
There are probably a few programs available that can output MIDI files
or something similar, which then can be converted into a LilyPond input
file using midi2ly, but I doubt that it will work very well.

  /Mats