modifying ./configure for EXTERNAL_BINARY

From: Graham Percival
Subject: modifying ./configure for EXTERNAL_BINARY
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 18:05:27 -0700

Would it be possible to add an option to ./configure so that it only looks for programs required to build the docs with GUB?

If I'm only building the docs, I don't need things like libguile, do I? I obviously need the guile runtime stuff, but those are included in GUB. I also need software like texinfo and latex... but it would still simplify doc compiling greatly.

This would be helpful for more people than just me; a couple of doc helpers have wanted to build the docs themselves (so that they could test patches before sending them to me), but have been unable to do so. I don't mind doing the extra testing, but it would be nice if they could do it themselves.