Re: lilypond ChangeLog Documentation/user/examples....

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond ChangeLog Documentation/user/examples....
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 16:45:28 -0700

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

we can hvae something like

 #(set-tempo "4" 70)

or maybe

  tempo = #70

But not
  \midi{
    tempo = 4. 60
  }
?

I'll leave this issue for other people to work out; when it's been finalized, I'll update the manual. IMO the tempo should be set inside the \midi{} instead of as a #(...), but I don't know enough about lilypond internals (numbers, durations, music function arguments, etc) to give useful suggestions about the exact syntax.