Re: Problem with non-ASCII characters

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Problem with non-ASCII characters
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:14:37 -0700

Ari Constancio wrote:
Hello,

Why do you use the texstr backend? As far as I know, it's just an old
left over from some experiment that never was finished and it's certainly
unsupported.

Probably because it says so in the documentation and it's not
mencioned that it is an unsupported experiment. I referred to the
stable version (2.8.6) but I checked also the 2.9.18 docs. Here's the
diff of the web pages involved
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.{8,9}/Documentation/user/lilypond/Text-encoding.html):

Should all references to texstr be removed from the docs?