bug reporter emails

From: Graham Percival
Subject: bug reporter emails
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:49:39 -0700

Hi,

What should we do about storing email addresses of bug reporters? The CC field of the google issue tracker looks very inviting, but it only allows google user names there. :(

So far I've given people a link to their bug, so they could bookmark that and check it whenever they want... should we also encourage people to get a gmail account so they can get all activity on their bugs automatically CC'd to them?

I'm not going to keep a bunch of old bug reports in a folder and hunt for them when bugs get resolved. I suppose that I _could_ find their email address from the "comments" field and send them an email, but I'd rather have some kind of automatic system.