Re: LilyPond

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: LilyPond
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 15:51:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> For questions concerning development, please use the mailing list.
> theoretically it's not impossible to build with VC++ , but you'll have to
> figure out how for yourself. We use GCC.

I doubt you will succeed: it _should_ be easier to build LilyPond on
Windows using MinGW, since that already includes a GCC. However, when I
tried some time ago, there were too many hurdles to tear down, and I
eventually gave up.

Given those difficulties, I fear it is even more difficult to get it to
compile with VC++ (especially since VC++ 6.0 comes with its impressive set
of C++ incompatibilities).

Having said that, if you get it to compile I will praise you eternally.

Ciao,
Dscho