Re: Longa notes

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Longa notes
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:14:39 +0200

Juergen Reuter schreef:
Hi all,

the longa notes problem reduces to this piece of code in method "internal_print (Grob *me, string *font_char)" in file lily/note-head.cc:

The problem here is that 'me->get_property ("glyph-name")' is called only if 'style != ly_symbol2scm ("default")'. That is, the code in output-lib.scm for "default" style is dead. That is, why longa notes are not working for default style.

Hence, obviously, the above 'if' condition was introduced to suppress this error, but this fix is bad, since it makes the code for the default style in output-lib.scm dead.

Actually, IIRC, it was there to skip the potentially expensive calculation of glyph-name. Be sure to do some timings after removing the code too.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com