lilypond on FreeBSD?

From: Ian Stirling
Subject: lilypond on FreeBSD?
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 19:02:54 -0400

  I haven't managed to make Lilypond work on my
FreeBSD 6.1 system.  The precompiled version gives
a runtime error looking for a non existent library.
 In any case, I prefer to compile from source.

2.9.24 fails to install because this file is missing
and a google search for it only finds my request.
Failed to open: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/bitstream-vera/VeraBd.pfb

Some other error occurred trying to compile and install the
2.8 version.

  No answers from anyone so far about where to find that
VeraBd.pfd. Am I reaching the list?

Ian