LilyPond GIT repository now online

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: LilyPond GIT repository now online
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:55:06 +0200

Hello,

Over the past days Jan and I have been cleaning up GUB a lot. With this release two major new features are available:

  - Binary builds for cygwin. We will start distributing these shortly.

  - Builds directly from Git

Git is the version control system developed by Linus Torvalds, and is also used for the Linux kernel and the Xorg project. To aid this setup, a GIT repository that is updated from CVS hourly is available from

  http://lilypond.org/vc/lilypond.git/

This is a one-way mirror; patches should still be applied to the CVS repository. If you don't have write access, send mail to address@hidden

GUB is lilypond's infrastructure for building and packaging self contained installers for a variety of platforms.

Instructions for running and obtaining GUB are in

  http://lilypond.org/vc/gub.darcs/READ-ME

With the new infrastructure, it is possible to build and test different branches of lilypond. To do this, use

  git --git-dir downloads/lilypond.git branch mybranch

then push your changes to downloads/lilypond.git in mybranch and run

  make BRANCH=mybranch all