Re: Documentation translation: first patch

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Documentation translation: first patch
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:10:20 +0100

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> I've included the patch verbatim and pushed it as the `fr-doc' branch,
> and I'm building it right now.

You may encounter some rough edges: dependencies may not be handled with
enough care to allow 'make -jn' to work, for example.

Besides that, I hope I don't have to download the entire git history to
track the `fr-doc' branch. I'm sure there is an easy way to tell git to
push to/pull from 'fr-doc' instead of 'stable/2.10', but I'm relatively
new to it... I'm going to investigate it.

> > - French translation of the tutorial, which is up-to-date according to
> > checking against the revision history of English tutorial.itely.
>
> The whole tutorial is translated, impressive!

That has been done since a while by 3 translators, credited on
http://john.mandereau.free.fr (I'll remove the tutorial from there as
soon as it is on lilypond.org). I will add them to the THANKS before the
release of the French docs.

John Mandereau <address@hidden>