Re: Documentation translation: first patch

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Documentation translation: first patch
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:11:04 +0100

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> John Mandereau <address@hidden> writes:
> > Do you mean we must not translate the snippets until that's fixed?
>
> I intended for the snippets not to be translated at all.  Do we
> really want translated snippets?

Not for most snippets, but snippets with a lot of English text would be
a bit more difficult to read, like the one which shows all avalaible
fields in \header{}.

> > I don't know actually, partly because I can't build 'fr-doc' branch
> > without fixes -- have you intentionally not added GNUmakefiles in
> > Documentation/po, Documentation/fr and Documentation/fr/user ?
>
> Oops, that was a bug in .gitignore; fixed and added GNUmakefiles :-)
>
> > I suppose you're fixing them, so I'm going to be patient :-)
>
> Well I had already, so good for notifying me.

Well, thanks, I'm re-building right now.

> > I'll tell you when the tutorial is ready to be officially released.
>
> Ok, can you send a patch against fr-doc at that time?

Can't I simply push the patch to fr-doc as it won't bring any changes in
makefiles and build scripts, and send a email on lilypond-devel?

Cheers,
John.