Re: urgent: layout of first page

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: urgent: layout of first page
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:36:51 +0100

If you look in ly/titling-init.ly, you will find lines like
 \on-the-fly #not-first-page \fromproperty #'header:instrument
I'm not sure that it helps directly, but you can probably check the
definition of #not-first-page.

  /Mats

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
Currently, the title block of a score is still handled as a separate
system instead of being attached to the topmost stave.  I consider
this as a severe design error; for example, it makes
`ragged-bottom=##f' produce very ugly results in case the systems are
vertically large.

Well, we have to live with it.  Independently of this, I think it is
another error that `head-separation' and `page-top-space' are applied
on the first page if a title is present.

To circumvent this I would like to say

  page-top-space =
    #(if (not-first-page)
          (* 12 mm)
        0)

within the \header block, however, it doesn't work.  Can someone
please help me quickly by providing an equivalent to the
`not-first-page' function which works in the \header block?

    Werner

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems