Re: another skyline problem

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: another skyline problem
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 00:38:27 +0100

Werner LEMBERG escreveu:
>>> Well, it still doesn't work: I want to change Y-offset!
>>>
>>>   {
>>>     \override DynamicText #'Y-offset = #5.0
>>>     \once \override DynamicLineSpanner #'outside-staff-priority = ##f
>>>     c2\ff
>>>   }
>> Change #'Y-offset on the DynamicLineSpanner too.
>
> Yes, I got the same idea.  However, I would prefer that Y-offset were
> relative to the original position instead of being relative to the
> vertical staff center.  However, I can live with that.
>
>> Did overriding DynamicText #'Y-offset work on earlier versions?
>
> I don't know.  Just recently I've started to replace all
> `extra-offset's with X- and Y-offsets so that they work with
> skylining.

Y-offset always is relative to the Y parent of the grob. This has
always been the case, and won't change; [YX]-offset aren't just a
convenience properties for tweaking, but they're the heart of all
grob-placement routines.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com