updates on branch jneeman

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: updates on branch jneeman
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:05:40 +0200

Now that I have my git woes sorted out, I have some new changes in the jneeman branch. The main changes:

1) use skylines for vertical spacing in VerticalAlignment (ie. use in within the system as well as between systems)
  - as part of this change, I've removed support for self-alignment-interface and align-interface in the same grob. Is this a problem (nothing currently uses this combination)?
  - this allows us to fix #26
2) use skylines for horizontal spacing even when one of the columns is non-musical.
  - as part of this change, items in the spacing problem read the 'padding property (should I create a new property with a different name?) and expand the space they require by that amount. This allows us to set BarLine #'padding = 0.1 and fix issue #10
  - this change also removes a fair chunk of unused code. If it's OK, I'll try to do something similar for note-spacing