Re: midi2ly key and rests

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: midi2ly key and rests
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:29:47 -0800

Please keep emails on the mailist. I don't know how to debug midi2ly myself, and certainly not on windows. However, somebody else the -devel list may be able to help.

Helge Kruse wrote:
Graham,

Thanks for your reply. I wrote a small example based on the midi2ly output.
This small example can be converted to lilypond file with respect to the "key" command line option. Now the "\transpose cis c" works as expected and
I get plain C major notation.

But this fails with the MIDI file. This is very strange.

The example is huge, I must admit. So I want to contribute...
midi2ly is a python script. Since python is a script language, I should be
able to debug it. I have a little experience with python, so I tried it with
this command line:

python -d C:\Programme\LilyPond\usr\bin\midi2ly.py --key=0:1 LastUnicorn.mid

But python doesn’t respect the -d and just runs the script:

LY output to `.\LastUnicorn-midi.ly'...

Can you advise me how to investigate/debug midi2ly by myself?

Best Regards,
Helge