Re: [Fwd: German translation help file]

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: [Fwd: German translation help file]
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 22:50:18 +0100

Till Rettig wrote:
> This is now about the help file that I wrote (more or less for myself)
> to make the translation process and work with git a bit clearer. It kind
> of combines what was there about using git on this list the last weeks,
> some hints from the wiki and reference to the README file. Han-Wen
> thought this should better be in english to be and that is sure true --
> how do you feel about this idea? Should I translate the file to english
> so you could look how to merge it with the existing one?

All translation hints other than support for a particular user should be
in English, so that all translators can share it.

Please read the revised README and translate the parts of README.de that
brings something interesting in addition to the English README.

> My idea about
> it was actually just to make some really straightforward chain of
> commands to issue in a row so in the end you would get clean apllyable
> patches.

Yes, but in the README I added some blurbs to the "straightforward chain
of commands" to help newbies gradually understand git concepts. IMHO
concepts are more important than the actual commands.

Cheers
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>