Re: GIT errors?

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: GIT errors?
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 21:30:05 +0200

John Mandereau wrote:

No, "git checkout -b myweb web/master" is supposed to do this job.

Now the next item:

Are you sure that you actually use Git 1.4.4.1 or newer? What does

	git --version

says?

Now I understand all the stuff! Of course I thought that I would use quite a new version of git on the newest Ubuntu distro -- you are just somewhat used to getting updates all the times. But it seems they deffinitely neglect not "core" programs -- my version is 1.4.1!!!!! So the first time I tried every command including all that were like "commented" out -- and it worked. But now I got the base with this cogito (that is the first time to make all the git files on your local web/master), now git pull funktions quite well.
Didn't you Daniel also use Ubuntu? So this might be the problem with it.
I see no other reason for saying instructions are incorrect: I have
actually tested these instructions under GNU/Linux, with Git 1.4.4.2.
Do a Git expert knows why this doesn't work?

Darn, at second thought, Cogito seems to be easier to use, despite
limited portability :-/ If there is no other clean way to get you
started, you may simply fal back to Cogito...