Re: Git-patch: spanish WAS: /index.es.html has funny titles?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Git-patch: spanish WAS: /index.es.html has funny titles?
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 12:04:23 +0100

Daniel Tonda wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> Just reporting, that I finally did the pull and here's a surprise, it
> didn't complain!
>
> $ git pull git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git/ web/master:
> Generating pack...
> Done counting 120 objects.
> Result has 91 objects.
> Deltifying 91 objects.
>  100% (91/91) done
> Unpacking 91 objects
> Total 91, written 91 (delta 71), reused 0 (delta 0)
>  100% (91/91) done
> Trying really trivial in-index merge...
> Wonderful.
> In-index merge
>  de/install/getting-started.html                    |    4
>  de/switch/testimonials.html                        |  195
> +++++++++++++-------
>  es/install/getting-started.html                    |    4
>  fr/install/getting-started.html                    |    4
>  nl/install/getting-started.html                    |    4
>  site/devel/participating/bug-meister.html          |   39 ++--
>  site/devel/participating/build-meister.html        |   29 ---
>  site/devel/participating/call-for-help.html        |   38 +---
>  site/devel/participating/documentation-adding.html |   18 --
>  site/devel/participating/localization.html         |    4
>  site/devel/participating/release-meister.html      |   25 +--
>  site/install/getting-started.html                  |    4
>  site/install/older-versions.html                   |    6 -
>  site/news.ihtml                                    |   20 +-
>  site/old-news.html                                 |   20 ++
>  site/sponsor/options.html                          |    4
>
> ============================
> Whoa!!!

Looks good.

> I went to the website to check that the patches looked ok, and there's
> 2.11.9???
>
> (the patches are just fine).
>
> I downloaded the 2.11.8 yesterday!
>
> Fast, fast, fast...
>
> Now a question, since the website is going to be mainly maintining and
> checking it for typos or additions, I'd like to start on the tutorial,
> is it also managed by git?

Yes. I haven't documented the user manual translation yet, so may I
suggest you to update the web site translation first?

I still get

fatal: bad object abb073a5a9b3a050525017ef595428c334bcfd9f

errors when running 'make LANG=es check-translation', so please fix it
first before doing anything. If you don't know how to fix, the safest
way is to take a committish from before the first Spanish translation
(run git-log and scroll until you find the last commit before "Add
Spanish translation"), then write this committish in all files giving a
'fatal: bad object' warning, then check the translation as usual -- all
should be explained in README; please complain if it's not clear!

Oh, let me tell you which files

'fatal: bad object abb073a5a9b3a050525017ef595428c334bcfd9f'
is returned for these pages:

es/about/automated-engraving/benchmarking.html
es/about/automated-engraving/conclusion.html
es/about/automated-engraving/divide-and-conquer.html
es/about/automated-engraving/engraving.html
es/about/automated-engraving/formatting-architecture.html
es/about/automated-engraving/implementing-notation.html
es/about/automated-engraving/implementing-typography.html
es/about/automated-engraving/index.html
es/about/automated-engraving/input-format.html
es/about/automated-engraving/introduction.html
es/about/automated-engraving/problem-statement.html
es/about/automated-engraving/schubert.html
es/about/automated-engraving/scoring-esthetics.html
es/about/automated-engraving/software.html
es/about/automated-engraving/typography-features.html
es/about/automated-engraving/big-page.html
es/about/faq.html
es/about/pubs.html
es/install/cygwin.html
es/documentation.html

Besides that, big-pages.html is generated by a script from all pages of
the essay, so it should be ignored (not committed, not translated, and
not updated). I've enabled the big page generation for German and
Spanish in GNUmakefile.

I've also removed the dirty page
es/about/automated-engraving/applications.html

Before translating the tutorial, LilyPond's es.po should be revised too.

Cheers
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>