Re: skyline vertical spacing

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: skyline vertical spacing
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 21:20:19 +0100

Joe Neeman escreveu:

>     Hi,
>
>     I have added scripts for profiling, see buildscripts/build-profile.sh.
>
>     It turns out that the skyline related routines have replaced
>     Grob::get_property() as the top-contender in the profile.  Can you
>     have a look to see if this can be  optimized?
>

> I'll take a look. How important is the optimisation? (I was thinking of
> trying to turn 2-pass spacing into 1-pass spacing -- which should I do
> first?)

I don't know, take a look at the profile and see if you can come up with some
simple shortcuts. I already did a few. (Couldn't sleep last night).

A few simple optimizations put Page_spacer::calc_subproblem at the top.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com