Re: Lilypond font design

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Lilypond font design
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:25:34 +0100 (CET)

> I was wondering if I could start some contribution to the medieval
> notation support via redesigning the fonts that in my opinion don't
> look very good. [...]

I can't give any design recommendation due to lack of knowledge.

Whatever you do, *please* follow the guidelines in mf/README (almost
all ancient glyphs don't do that, unfortunately).  An `exact'
conversion would be really cool!

> So I would like to hear some opinions on this issue and also some
> hints about how Lilypond's fonts work (fontforge doesn't show any
> glyphs on the emental [...])

Of course it does!  Just select Encoding->Reencode->Glyph Order (the
last entry is `Original' in older FontForge versions).

    Werner