Re: Updated spanish translation

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Updated spanish translation
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:54:15 +0200

John Mandereau wrote:
The tutorial from the user manual, but you should wait until I've
documented documentation translation.  As I'm very busy, it may take a
week.  In the meantime, you could read and check lilypond.org
translation for possible typos and translation improvements with
Francisco, look at odd jobs proposed by Graham, or prepare future docs
translation by making a translation glossary of music theory and
engraving terms, like one of the French translators Frédéric Chiasson
did:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user-fr/2006-12/msg00003.html

This kind of glossary is useful to make sure you always translate a
technical word the same way.
This sounds good, I think I will also start this kind of glossary for the German version. Wouldn't it be nice to also have the glossaries at a better place downloadable? I mean: Now we have the word list from english to other languages, which is really usefull, but I don't think it is as complete as the french glossary is. Or let's say we would put it into the LANG-tree of the webpage.

Would be also interested about how to do the translation of the tutorial once you are finished with the preparations. Although it will supposedly take some more time than the weppage to translate...

Greetings
Till