Re: one-pass vertical stretching

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: one-pass vertical stretching
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:19:17 +0200

On 1/19/07, Rune Zedeler <address@hidden> wrote:
Joe Neeman skrev:
> I've just committed one-pass vertical stretching to branch jneeman.

Oh, this is so cool, I will check it out asap. :+)
Should definitely be turned on per default. I only have experiences with
piano scores, but there, it is definitely standard to have varying
staff-distances.

I've committed support for stretching piano scores to the jneeman branch, but there are still problems. input/regression/beam- cross-staff-slope.ly is currently broken and the piano staves are positioned (IMO, but I am not a pianist) too close together.

This last one is giving me some problems: I have removed forced-distance and collapsed everything into one VerticalAlignment. So now there is no way to say something like "the staves of a piano staff should be positioned at least 8 units apart". I'd like to do something like \override PianoStaff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-4 . 4) but of course it doesn't work because the Staves that are children of PianoStaff have their own overrides. Any ideas for how this override should be done?