Re: LSR categories

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: LSR categories
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:53:57 +0100

Graham Percival escreveu:
> Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
>>
>> Why do you use exclusive categories?  Isn't it better to devise some
>> sort of tagging scheme, eg.
>
> I'm reluctant to propose something unless I can do it myself (or if it's
> a clear feature request).  And I don't want to put LSR on hold for
> another year while we wait for somebody to be sufficiently motivated to
> do it -- it took six months just for somebody to write a 34-line python
> script and change four lines in makefiles and SConscript files!  I
> understand (well enough to modify, at least) the current input/test/
> build process, I understand directories, and I know how to copy files.
> Those are the tools I'm working with.

Putting

  Tag:foo

into the output is not a difficult change to lilypond-book.py,
but you can already get the same result by simply putting

Tag:foo, Tag:bla

in the texidoc header. If you do this, make sure you use a standardized
format, so we can later change it to

  tags = "foo, bla"

with an automated substitution.

LilyPond Software Design