Re: proposal: second style for quartertone accidentals

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: proposal: second style for quartertone accidentals
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:37:38 +0100

Hi,

we use additional simple up/down arrows placed left to normal
accidentals, giving a concise way to specify the complete eighth tone
scale. The glyphs are actually included in the font. This would make
even more changing of alteration syntax necessary, though.

I don't mind to be able to combine both ways of specifying microtones
within one score, but I wouldn't know, where to stop. Apart from
Victor's proposed signs there also exist blackened accidentals... The
last thing I had in mind was starting another "bikeshed", how Han-Wen
put it.

--
Orm