Re: proposal: second style for quartertone accidentals

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: proposal: second style for quartertone accidentals
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:45:43 +0100

I don't really see the problem. What you already have proposed is to
use property settings to change between the different styles. To save
some typing, it will then be easy to add macros such as
\arrowQuarterToneAccidentals (please make up something shorter)
and \...whatever, to easily change between these different styles.
Of course, the properties to specify the note head style and the
accidental style will be separate, so there's no coupling between
them (unless you want to make macros that set both at the same time).

  /Mats

Orm Finnendahl wrote:
Hi,

we use additional simple up/down arrows placed left to normal
accidentals, giving a concise way to specify the complete eighth tone
scale. The glyphs are actually included in the font. This would make
even more changing of alteration syntax necessary, though.

I don't mind to be able to combine both ways of specifying microtones
within one score, but I wouldn't know, where to stop. Apart from
Victor's proposed signs there also exist blackened accidentals... The
last thing I had in mind was starting another "bikeshed", how Han-Wen
put it.

--
Orm