Re: Question: translating examples

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Question: translating examples
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:47:46 +0100

This might be insteresting for other translators, so I CC this to
-devel.

Le samedi 03 mars 2007 à 17:40 +0100, Francisco Vila a écrit :
> El sáb, 03 de mar de 2007, a las 12:30:42 +0100, John Mandereau dijo:
> > Le vendredi 02 mars 2007 à 21:30 +0100, Francisco Vila a écrit :
> > > OK, May I translate the names of the variables in the soprano + cello
> > > example in putting.itely both at the code examples and in the
> > > illustration?
> >
> > See Documentation/TRANSLATION.
>
> Yes but there is an example with translated variable names that
> becomes later a @lilpond block. My question is if it's OK to leave the
> @lilypond block with variables untranslated, when the reader knows
> that it comes from an eariler translated example.
>
> Ask if it is not clear why I'm asking it.

Oh, it's clear now, I had not understood why it could be a trouble for
the reader.  I think it's not a big problem to translate @example's and
not @lilypond blocks, as the reader can always switch to the English
version of the same page to compare the @example's.

--