Re: Guile 1.8.2

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Guile 1.8.2
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:38:22 +0200

Hi Francisco,

I had the same problem some days ago. Was a bit confused about this version problem, because there is no mention of the 1.8.2 version on the web site. It might be that they have a newer version on cvs, but I don't know to get it from there. So I downloaded the patch from the lilypond web site and applied it. This was also a bit challenging as there was no hint how to do it, but this command did it on my linux (Ubuntu 6.10) machine: Save the patch to a directory in which you have the sources of guile. Go to the root of the sources (I had it in a folder called guile1.8.1) and tell the commandline:
patch p0 <../name-of-the-patch
This is in case that the patch is one directory up, if it is in the same directory, say it without the ../ part. That's it, now the sources compile and you can install them with checkinstall... LilyPond compiles now :-)

Greetings
Till

Francisco Vila wrote:
I read in http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/topdocs/INSTALL

that to build LilyPond you need Guile 1.8.2 but the latest GNU version is 1.8.1!

see http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/guile/