Re: Vertical spacing documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing documentation
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:39:15 -0700

Joe Neeman wrote:
Here is an update to the documentation on vertical spacing. I've removed the section on two-pass spacing and replaced it with a couple of paragraphs on how to tweak the one-pass spacing (it's rather less complicated than the 2-pass stuff, so I think it doesn't need it own section).

Is the 2-pass stuff officially depreciated? Can you do everything with 1-pass spacing that you could do with 2-pass?

I'm all for increasing the docs for 1-pass spacing, but if there's anything that can be done better with 2-pass spacing (even if it's complicated), I think we should keep those docs.

address@hidden page-breaking-between-system-padding
address@hidden between-system-padding
+This variable, if set, tricks the page breaker into thinking that

I would remove the ", if set," but this isn't a big deal. "This variable tricks the page..."

Everything else looks good. If you're certain that we should remove the 2-pass docs, then go ahead and commit.