Re: sponsorship option gone?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: sponsorship option gone?
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:09:02 -0300

2007/3/30, Arvid Grøtting <address@hidden>:
2007/3/22, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:
> 2007/3/22, Arvid Grøtting <address@hidden>:
> > But I just might come up with a scheme function that takes two (or
> > more) voices and merges (or centers) the rests that are common.  Do
> > you think that's feasible?
>
> Good point there:  you'll probably be able to write a callback for
> positioning-done which checks whether the rests (ly:grob-object
> 'rests) have equal 'duration-log and 'dot-count properties, and if yes
> force them to overlap, and if no, call the original
> calc-positioning-done function.

Hmm.   I've managed to merge some rests that way, but:

- where do I get at the dot-count?  I've tried several ways, but so
far with no luck...

take the path

  note-head -> dot -> dot-count

- how do I make sure the merged rest stays in the middle?  Do I need
to kill both rest grobs and create a new one, or something?

Look at how rests are offset rest.cc, y_offset_callback. You have to
override/revert these settings.

- this callback doesn't seem to be called by multi-measure rests.  Any
ideas on how to merge those?

unset staff-position for mm rest.