Re: Patches for improved fret-diagrams

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Patches for improved fret-diagrams
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 23:55:16 -0300

2007/4/9, Carl D. Sorensen <address@hidden>:

The main concern I have about this is documenting the possible values
for 'details.  Do you have an idea for how this documentation might be
done?  If we replace all of the individual fret-diagram properties with
a single 'details property, would the 'details property be (a) specific
for fret diagrams, or (b) a general property that could apply to any
grob that might have lots of properties?  Of course (b) is the most
reasonable thing to do.

it's (b), as we already have details for beam, stem and slur.

Then do we need to define a scheme file grob-details.scm  which would
have indices by both grob and detailed property, and the documentation
would have some way to snarf grob-details.scm to create 'details
documentation lists for each grob type that uses details?

I'm not sure how grob-properties.scm turns into the documentation page.
Can you tell me where I ought to look for this?  And can I use this as a
template for doing something with 'details?

see scm/document*.scm and ly/generate-documentation.ly