Re: Saying hello and considering my first contribution

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: Saying hello and considering my first contribution
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:08:54 +0200 (CEST)

address@hidden:
> I am currently working with a cataloging project at the British
> Library which is recording all musical manuscripts between the years
> 1600 and 1800, I have developed an application for them to data input
> and manage the manuscripts.  The information supplied with each
> manuscript sometimes comes with an "incipit" for the beginning of the
> music.  Here is an example of an entire incipit pulled from the
> record for Sonata 1 by Johann Sebastian Bach:
>
> ''4G{3G FbEDC'BA5 BG}{8GxF+}{3FEDEFGA''5C'B}/''8{C+3C5DC'3B''C}
> {6.Ct'5B''C6D'A}'' 8G'3-{G5AB''CD}{8b E'B}/{6BA''bED}8-{BxF}
> {6D3DbEDC'B''5C'A}{3BxFGDbE''5DC'B''CC'B''C}/
>
> I would like to convert this to Lily textual notation so that Lily
> can then reproduce it in musical notation so regular users of the web
> catalogue can just click a link and run this up into Lilypond.  My

If you provide the syntax rules for the record I might be able to help
you. Will the archive be publically searchable or is just for thoose
who have a subcription?

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data               address@hidden
Lilla Aspö 2340                                                Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar          +46  173 140 57                   Computers
Sweden                     +46  70 511 97 84                 Consulting