Re: translating the pics in the engraving essay

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: translating the pics in the engraving essay
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:11:25 +0200

Le mardi 17 avril 2007 à 18:56 -0400, Han-Wen Nienhuys a écrit :
> 2007/4/17, John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
> > >  Han-Wen, do you find the (svg) sources of the files so the relevant
> > > pngs can be replaced by svgs?
>
> Certainly; however, we need to be careful, since the SVGs will be
> coupled to the lilypond version used.

Yes, I trust Till to tell us which version he used to generate the
SVGs ;-)

> > Which LilyPond version did you use?  I tried to open your .svg with
> > fonts in ~/.fonts of 2.11.22 and 2.10.20, and it always looks like the
> > png I sent previously.  I'd like very much to commit your work to
> > git.sv.gnu.org, but I'm afraid the system on which svgs are converted
> > might have a similar problem with fonts.  So, before I push, I'd like
> > somebody (or ideally several people) to confirm naive-notation.svg
> > display correctly on his/her system.
>
> Don't worry: lilypond.org doesn't run inkscape, so the files won't get
> to lilypond.org; it would be best if someone prepared a tarball of PNG
> files that we can upload to lilypond.org before the website fixes get
> pushed to lilypond.org

So, I think the good plan is (in this order):

1. Till sends me the SVGs so I commit them to Git
2. I commit the very small German, French and Spanish PO updates
3. Till sends you (or Jan) the PNGs to be uploaded to lilypond.org
4. I commit the changes in HTML pages

Cheers,
John