Re: whiteout on stems?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: whiteout on stems?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 23:09:04 -0400

no, it's correct. Staff lines are in layer -1 (I think), while the
rest is in layer 0.
So, using a whiteout in a layer 0 object only guarantees to cover stafflines.

2007/4/19, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
Is there a bug in  input/regression/whiteout.ly ?

In 2.11.22, I see ledger lines whited out, but the note stem is still
there.  The texidoc says

\header{
   texidoc = "The whiteout command underlays a white box under a
markup.  The whitening effect only is only guaranteed for staff lines,
since staff lines are in a different layer.  "
}

Should the second sentence be "... is only guarenteed for staff lines,
since **stem lines** are in a different layer." ?