About translation of special commands

From: Till Rettig
Subject: About translation of special commands
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:38:32 +0300

Hi translators!

While translating basic-notation.itely I noticed that there are some shortcomings of the current system: Some reference commands cannot be translated since they refer to specific places, but they won't get translated via LANG.po either. Especially I noticed @internalsref . I don't know if there are some more. It is somewhat clear that their goal won't be translated since they are so specific, that they are more for developers. But it's somwhat annoying in the translated text to have the terms comming up suddenly in English without explanation. That's at least what I found for the French and Spanish pages. What do you think, should be define something that changes @internalsref for translated pages to show the link with it's English name but in brackets the translated name after it? Or is it better to have them translated the same way as normal @refs, though their goal will always be in English?

Greetings
Till