Re: markup-lines.ly not failing gracefully

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: markup-lines.ly not failing gracefully
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:08:30 -0700

Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
2)  Running markup-lines.ly in -dsafe mode produces weird behavior.
[...]

define-markup-list-command (and define-markup-command) cannot be used in
safe mode. set-default-paper-size neither (but this one can be removed
from the example files). I don't know why with -V the file fails
before. As for the hanging, it seems that it has to do with the page
breaking.

Sorry, I was unclear. Running with "-dsafe" hangs. Running with "-V -dsafe" fails immediately (which is good).

I'd like this snippet to fail immediately. I can do this by adding -V, but it seems weird that it works differently in -V or no-V mode.

I thought the LSR snippets where ran in a chrooted jail, which made -dsafe
useless?

We're using a subset of LSR for examples in the lilypond documentation. Since these input/ files are compiled without chroot, Han-Wen wanted me to manually check that any unsafe files don't include "rm -rf". Since I test the documentation on my personal laptop, I agree completely. :)

To summarize: I want to run markup-lines.ly through -dsafe mode and get the answer "not safe". I don't want any output. :)