musicxml2ly patches for order of parts, dynamic marks etc.

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: musicxml2ly patches for order of parts, dynamic marks etc.
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:43:03 +0200

Hi Lilypond devs!

Following up on my previous mail with the patch for articulations, here are
some more fixes for musicxml2ly. The pather are to be applied in the order as
given here in the mail (one patch for each fix)

Am Donnerstag, 16. August 2007 schrieb Reinhold Kainhofer:
> Attached is a patch for musicxml2ly (and the other required python files)
> to convert articulations like fermata, staccato, tenuto, tremolo (only
> single-note tremolo), accents, etc.

Attached again as musicxml2ly_01_articulations.patch

> Other issues with musicxml2ly, which are still open:
> -) Sorting of the parts in the .ly output. Currently, their order is not
> first staff, second staff, third, etc. but seemingly random

Fixed with the musicxml2ly_02_partorder.patch. Basically, I use the part_list
to sort the individual music voices in the order as they appear in the score
before printing them out.

> -) dynamic marks (given in a <direction> tag, assigned to the staff at a
> given position in xml, not to a note like in lilypond)

Fixed with musicxml2ly_03_dynamics.patch. In the LilyPondVoiceBuilder, I added
a method to store any pending dynamics and print them out only after the next
note or rest (everything with duration>0) is encountered.

> -) (de-)crescendo (begin/end also given in a <direction> tag, not assigned
> to a particular note)

Not yet done, will be done similar to the dynamics, just didn't find the time
yet to write the code.

All patches are again for an installed version 2.10.25 of lilypond from the
pre-compiled packages.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a pre-built guile package for Kubuntu with the
rational bugfix (and I don't want to rebuild myself), so the git checkout
refuses to configure...

Cheers,
Reinhold