Re: For future 2.14 doc discussion -- increasingly realistic musical exa

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: For future 2.14 doc discussion -- increasingly realistic musical examples
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 21:28:35 +0200

2007/8/30, Trevor Bača <address@hidden>:
> I tried to make the point visually this morning by mocking up 8.1.1
> "Text scripts" in LaTeX. I don't think I got all the settings right to
> match the docs, but at least here I can kinda give a little bit by
> contributing an example (instead of just suggesting that other people
> go do a bunch of work!).

This is awesome!  You did great Trevor; of course this is not the most
complex feature to illustrate, but it looks great anyway. (if I may,
you forgot to put e16 f8 instead of the second d16 e8 in the "Des Pas
sur la Neige" example).

I'm still thinking, though, about this "feature page" thing; to me,
such beautiful examples should be placed in a more visible, more
PR-oriented page rather than "burried" in the Manual. These two
examples of yours could demonstrate the \markup feature, for instance.
How about it?

Regards (and congratulations),
Valentin