Re: For future 2.14 doc discussion -- increasingly realistic musical exa

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: For future 2.14 doc discussion -- increasingly realistic musical examples
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 22:34:16 -0500

On 8/30/07, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
> Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> > Graham Percival escreveu:
> >

> >> ... hmm, I might see a use for that.  We could have one really fancy
> >> example, *without* input code, in the "root" node of each section.
> >>

> > I concur with this. Some 'real' examples also help give users an idea what
> > some features (eg. fatText) could be used for.
> >
> Ok, let's test this out.  I'm willing to allocate up to four
> staffs-systems for sexy examples.  (ie 4 one-staff systems, 2 two-staff
> systems)   If necessary I suppose we could make these examples smaller
> to allow more space... but let's go with these limits for now.
> Basically, the examples are going above the menu for each section, but
> I'd still like to see the top of the menu when I look at each section in
> the html.
>

> Trevor, could you come up with an example(s) for Text?  You could either
> make the Debussy example longer, or have the Debussy and some other
> stuff, or whatever.  Remember that line lengths in the manual are
> shorter than normal line lenghts.

Sure, I'd be happy to. (And if winds up being too complicated, then
that's certainly OK; just keep me in check!)

If I'm reading right then I think you're thinking of like a "headword"
example above each section in the manual? So there would be 1 fancy
example for 8.1.1, another fancy example for 8.1.2, and a third for
8.1.3, and so on?

Cool. I can throw some time at that :-) Graham, if you have a set of
sections in mind that you'd like me to try first, just let me know.
Otherwise, I'll just pick a couple of my favorite sections and start
with those for you to critique.

Trevor.

--
Trevor Bača