Re: For future 2.14 doc discussion -- increasingly realistic musical exa

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: For future 2.14 doc discussion -- increasingly realistic musical examples
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 08:12:17 -0700

Trevor Bača wrote:
I think what Graham's wanting to try out to get started is a beautiful
example per major *section* of the manual rather than per minor
*subsection*.
Yes, absolutely.
So with that in mind I've started thinking more about "what one
snippet would best show off contemporary notation as a whole" rather
than "what snippet would show off polymetric notation", etc.
If each snippet is a single staff of three-five measures, we could fit four of them. I think. Don't go overboard, but we could certainly stick two short snippets in there.

I just experimented a bit; four one-staff snippets work with staffsize=16. That's still quite legible. Granted, if you have lots of stuff sticking above/below the staff, four staffs might be too much... but three should certainly be fine.